Thursday, May 25, 2017

Up & Coming Talent: Verretta



Tired of that
lackluster nine to five job? Don’t
worry...here is some inspiration to
kickstart your dreams.


     We’ve all seen them. These incredibly talented celebrities out there that are living the dream. They get to do what they love...as a career. Who does that?!
     The answer to that question is...everyone should do what they love. But the faith to follow down that path can sometimes be overwhelming. Will you be able to make a solid career and live off of your dream?
      It has been said that everything that you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear. You need to live fearlessly. Easier said than done, am I right?
      But the truth in the matter is that you don’t get anywhere in life without a little courage. The thought of failure, especially at something  you are passionate about, can cause anyone to have a nervous breakdown. I myself was a little worried about starting my writing career. But you power through any turmoil and nay-sayers, because this is what you want to do. And you CAN do it.
      Whether you are a highly sought-after actress like Sarah Michelle Gellar and want to start a baking business known as Foodstirs, or you are a small town girl with dreams of becoming one of the state’s best wedding planners and create a business called Simply Gypsy Events, you should follow your dreams. Maybe you want to start a calligraphy business called Ivory Ink Co., or you are Reese Witherspoon and you want to start your own clothing line named after your grandparents, Draper James. There are numerous examples of people that actually go for what they want, so why shouldn’t you?
      We chatted with some up and coming stars about their journey with doing what they love to do. These artists are forging their own destiny one show at a time. Audience after audience and song after song, they make their way into hearts of new fans everywhere.
      When you think about all of the people they have met and the places they have seen, who wouldn’t want to follow their path. We spend the majority of our adult, and sometimes adolescent years, at work. So why not enjoy what you are doing. We get this one chance on Earth to make the best of our time here. So, go start following your dreams.



Verretta

 

 

              Verretta lives by a sound principle: you are in charge of your life. Waiting for better things to happen, leaves founder, Tony See (Tony Crispigna) wondering what the hell are you waiting for? Make it happen, which is what he did.
              Verretta’s unique style is a mix of classic rock, alternative rock, really any kind of rock, and country. They bring the blues, the groove, and the rock ‘n’ roll to their music.
Relocating their studio from St. Paul, Minnesota to Nashville, Tennessee the band’s new members are ready to bring their energy and music to crowds everywhere.
               We were fortunate enough to chat with Tony See and Joseph West, two members of Verretta to discuss life, touring, and performing.

Improper Adult: As a whole, who are some of your musical inspirations?
Joseph West: I would say that all three of us in the group have different inspirations from where we come from. We do have a lot of overlap, otherwise it wouldn’t work for us to play together. Personally, I was inspired by other drummers. Dave Grohl of Nirvana. A lot of my influences, what I’m bringing to this group, comes from classic rock.
Tony See: That is so cool man, a lot of what you just said overlaps for me. This is pretty neat, because I am getting to know Joseph too.
JW: It has been difficult to coordinate, because we have known each other for like a week now.
TS: It is pretty funny, we were in Chicago and ordered this pizza. And Carson just digs into it. No spatula, just his bare hands. It is like a seven hundred degree pizza and he just owned it, because he was so hungry. Joseph and I were physically hurting for him. And I look over and Joseph is laughing. He is just laughing over someone else’s pain...which is a great place to start.

IA: So what do you enjoy more, going to concerts or actually playing them?
JW: For me personally, it is hard to pick one. When I was a little kid, my whole world revolved around seeing bands live. I enjoy playing live more, because I know the energy from those shows I saw as a kid. There is an interactive experience going on as well. Loving concerts, made me want to be a musician as a career.
TS: I still remember seeing Helmet when I was fifteen. I mean, I don’t know, if it isn’t one of my favorite bands, I don’t even want to be there. I want to be playing. I haven’t done the type of things that I want to do musically in this world, so I want to play.

IA: What is your favorite thing about performing in front of an audience?
JW: Tony and Carson haven’t even seen me play in front of an audience. But when I am out there, I am able to go harder. I am more energetic.
TS: Overlap.
JW: Having that crowd there, you are not just playing for yourself anymore. You are connecting with people you have never met before.
TS: There are three separate areas to this art. There is the songwriting, an art in itself...the ability to write a great song. I really enjoy that process. Then there is recording. There is the ability to know the right production techniques, and being able to perform for a recording. Then there is the live performance. That is a whole separate being. That is what gets me the most excited out of those three.

IA: What are some of your favorite locations that playing music has led you to?
JW: This Chicago show that we have coming up, will be my first time stepping out of the area. So at this point, really, I can only look towards the venues around Nashville that I have played. I am mostly looking forward to where it can lead. My musical journey really just got started.

IA: What is a Fun Fact that no one else knows about Verretta?
TS: Band Mix brought us together. It was something that was recommended to me by Jason Gilespie when I asked him advice about being frustrated with Minnesota. Craigslist sucked, open mic nights sucked. So I met Joseph and Carson through Band Mix. Which is funny, because I don’t believe in that shit. The whole online thing...you need to talk to someone, see their face.
JW: I actually saw the Craigslist ad.
TS: Aww, fuck. That’s exciting. I wanted it to be that. Pardon my French.

IA: Is there anything that you would like to inform our readers about?
TS: That we want them to have fun with their lives. To smile and dance. That is it.
JW: Our music gets really heavy some times, it gets soft some times. But we are really just having fun. Our inspiration comes from bands with darker sounds, but we want to have fun.
TS: I would love to go have coffee with Lady Gaga. I just saw a video where she sang with Metallica. Joseph it is great that we are in a time where the darkness of Metallica is finally being understood. We are trying to show hardcore metal energy, but not negatively. We want positive aggression.

You can find Verretta’s information and concert dates on social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Or locate their website at:
www.verrettamusic.com.





1 comment: