Thursday, May 25, 2017

Up & Coming Talent: Matt Austin



Tired of that
lackluster nine to five job? Don’t
worry...here is some inspiration to
kickstart your dreams.


     We’ve all seen them. These incredibly talented celebrities out there that are living the dream. They get to do what they love...as a career. Who does that?!
     The answer to that question is...everyone should do what they love. But the faith to follow down that path can sometimes be overwhelming. Will you be able to make a solid career and live off of your dream?
      It has been said that everything that you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear. You need to live fearlessly. Easier said than done, am I right?
      But the truth in the matter is that you don’t get anywhere in life without a little courage. The thought of failure, especially at something  you are passionate about, can cause anyone to have a nervous breakdown. I myself was a little worried about starting my writing career. But you power through any turmoil and nay-sayers, because this is what you want to do. And you CAN do it.
      Whether you are a highly sought-after actress like Sarah Michelle Gellar and want to start a baking business known as Foodstirs, or you are a small town girl with dreams of becoming one of the state’s best wedding planners and create a business called Simply Gypsy Events, you should follow your dreams. Maybe you want to start a calligraphy business called Ivory Ink Co., or you are Reese Witherspoon and you want to start your own clothing line named after your grandparents, Draper James. There are numerous examples of people that actually go for what they want, so why shouldn’t you?
      We chatted with some up and coming stars about their journey with doing what they love to do. These artists are forging their own destiny one show at a time. Audience after audience and song after song, they make their way into hearts of new fans everywhere.
      When you think about all of the people they have met and the places they have seen, who wouldn’t want to follow their path. We spend the majority of our adult, and sometimes adolescent years, at work. So why not enjoy what you are doing. We get this one chance on Earth to make the best of our time here. So, go start following your dreams.



Matt Austin

 

 

     The energy left on stage after a Matt Austin concert is palpable. You know you’ve just witnessed greatness. He’s a combination of Billy Currington and Sam Hunt with a style all his own.
     He is making his way up the charts of Country Radio. His new single, “The Island,” is sure to be a song for summer 2017.
     With his charming good looks, rugged country vocal cords, and incredible guitar playing, the one thing that makes us love Matt Austin even more: his duets with his daughter.

Improper Adult: What got you started with music?
Matt Austin: My dad always played guitar. Even when I was just a baby, I would sit and listen to him play. Then he got me a guitar for Christmas when I was ten years old.

IA: What was the first song that you performed?
MA: Haha, I think it was an original alternative rock song that I wrote when I was fourteen years old. Our band name was Soulstice and we performed at our high school battle of the bands!

IA: Who is your musical inspiration?
MA: I have too many. My musical influence is all over the board and ranges from Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jimi Hendrix, ZZ Top, and Tom Petty to Alan Jackson and Montgomery Gentry. Then there is Eric Church, Chris Young, Jason Aldean, and Brantley Gilbert. 2Pac to Kid Rock, Stone Temple Pilots, Alice in Chains, and so many more. I just like good music!!

IA: What made you decide to follow your passion of being a singer?
MA: I don’t really know if there is a straight answer for this. It’s more of feeling and intuition; to top that off, I’m not a quitter. I have one life to live and this is what I want to do. I am set on making a success out of it.

IA: Do you write any of your own songs?
MA: This is a hybrid type of answer. Some of my songs I write, some I co-write with other songwriters, and some songs are written by others entirely. I have no ego when it comes to this. It is all about the song for me. I want to cut the best songs that fit me the best...ones that I know my fans will love.

IA: What song of yours are you most proud of?
IA: This is a tough question to answer. I am most proud of all of the songs that I’ve cut. I guess if I had to pick just one song, it would be “Redneck Date Night,” because I wrote that with friends of mine, and the music video for this song is with my wife and I. It’s my favorite music video that I’ve done to date.

IA: Who is your favorite artist?
MA: I honestly don’t think I could pick just one. I really just can’t. I like too many in their own ways.

IA: What is a Fun Fact that no one knows about you?
MA: My biggest fears are flying and the ocean! Besides the anxiety I get still to this day before I get on stage!

IA: What is your favorite thing about performing in front of an audience?
MA: The rush and the reaction from the crowd. It’s a challenge for me every single time I get on stage, even to this day. I like the challenge for some crazy reason, because it always ends up working out really well and the fans love our live performance.

IA: What do you like most about touring?
MA: Being able to see different parts of the country and meet new fans. I’m lucky to have a great group of guys in my band too. They make traveling much more fun!

Matt’s newest single, “The Island,” is available now on iTunes, Spotify, and YouTube. Contact for booking information: booking@mattaustinmusic.com. Locate him on Instagram.com/iammattaustin, Facebook.com/officialmattaustin, Twitter.com/mattaustinmusic, and YouTube.com/mattaustinrocks for concert dates, announcements, and even music videos with his daughter.
www.mattaustinmusic.com



No comments:

Post a Comment